Tuesday, September 13, 2011

1st week of Dave Ramsey

So yesterday I posted on FB about our new grocery budget of $120/wk.  I got so many comments that I thought I'd put my progress on my blog (that I never use) so that maybe it will help someone else.  Since I'm not a very good writer, I'll try to keep it short and to the point.

I've started taking a Dave Ramsey class called Financial Peace University.  It's a class to learn about getting out of debt and building wealth.  To quote Dave, "If you will live like no one else, later you can LIVE like no one else!"

So in the 1st class we had a homework assignment of coming up with a monthly budget.  Here is a link to The Basic Quickie Budget:  http://www.newpointe.org/uploads/fpu-qbudget.pdf.  We went even further and broke down everything we could think of that we spend money on (including future expenditures like birthdays, Christmas, house repairs, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment